0
comments
|
Sunday, September 26, 2004
Another long day on the bike. Great weather today though. Started out real cool this morning and ended in the 80s. Wind was pretty mild compared to most Sunday rides, but in the end, it still felt windy at 10 mph. And it always feels like it changes directions.
Anyway, we rode to I-35 and on the way back, decided to do Bronco Road again. I can't remember if I wrote about it before, but we did this route one other time. Cory almost got sick...oh yeah, I did write about it, cuz it was the day I fell over on my bike. My first day with pedals. :)
We definitely had an easier time of it today, but that doesn't mean it was easy. I think the last 10 miles would have been easier on us had we not decided to do all those hills. But what're we gonna do? It's not like we can decide "not" to do the hills in Austin. Or decide "not" to do the route if the wind is bad. We just have to suck it up and do what we can.
Having said that, I have to be honest here: I'm not entirely sure we are capable mentally or physically of doing 100 miles. The ride is 3 weeks from today.
Avg HR: 134 (LOTS of rest breaks today)
Avg speed: 13.0 mph
Temp: 84 degrees
Wind: 10 mph
Time: 5 Hours and 45 minutes
Actual ride time: 4 hours and 45 minutes. That means we stopped for a total rest time of 1 hour! That's insane and way too much...
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home