0
comments
|
Sunday, September 11, 2005
I think even if someday I stop riding, I'm going to keep doing the Dam Jam. I love this ride. It's so hard and so pretty and so well organized...even the tshirts are better than all the rest.
This year, we had some wind to deal with from the very start of the event. If it's windy at 8:00 a.m., you know it's going to be windy at 12. We all made our designated mileage, but I think I would have had a much better ride without it.
The hill again kicked our collective asses. Rick & Cory felt like their hearts exploded at the top of it, and apparently averaged 3 mph. I had to stop about 3/4 of the way up to rest, but I didn't walk this time. I let my HR go down to about 85% and then started again and made it to the top. Next year, I'm going to make it all the way without stopping. I swear it. The hill was harder than I remembered it. I was kind of glad I hadn't exaggerated.
Anyhoo, I don't have my stats because I accidentally turned my monitor on later that day so it erased it. But I do know we averaged just over 15 mph and finished 7 minutes faster than last year, even with the constant wind. All in all, I feel pretty good.
We're into heavy mileage now. I've got to find interesting routes for the next few weeks so we don't get bored. :)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home