• (function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=f!=void 0?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(f==void 0)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=e>0?new b(e):new b;window.jstiming={Timer:b,load:p};if(a){var c=a.navigationStart;c>0&&e>=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; c>0&&e>=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&c>0&&(d.tick("_tbnd",void 0,window.chrome.csi().startE),d.tick("tbnd_","_tbnd",c))),a==null&&window.gtbExternal&&(a=window.gtbExternal.pageT()),a==null&&window.external&&(a=window.external.pageT,d&&c>0&&(d.tick("_tbnd",void 0,window.external.startE),d.tick("tbnd_","_tbnd",c))),a&&(window.jstiming.pt=a)}catch(g){}})();window.tickAboveFold=function(b){var a=0;if(b.offsetParent){do a+=b.offsetTop;while(b=b.offsetParent)}b=a;b<=750&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })(); <meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/7781806?origin\x3dhttp://cyclefreaks.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
    6 comments | Thursday, September 06, 2007

    This is Maggie, my brother's newest family member. I couldn't help but think about the baby when I saw this picture. I'm sure there will be pictures very similar to it in 5 months with a baby instead of a puppy. The dog is adorable, it's a Golden Doodle. Apparently, great for people with bad allergies, which my nephew has. The boys were so excited about this puppy, it was too cute. Their dog died a few months back so I'm glad they got a dog to go along with Stripes the Cat. :)

    My sister is back in North Carolina for now and we are keeping her dog until she gets back. It's good practice for when the baby comes; Ripley is extremely jealous and Fletcher is protective of me like a bodyguard. Wiley doesn't like to be picked up the way I pick up Ripley, and if I do it, he growls and snaps. Fletcher does NOT like that at all... Anyway, they all seem to be getting along pretty good aside from a few Ripley attacks.

    Fletcher had to go to the doctor today. His little anal sacs were full. Is that gross or what? I'm just happy he'll stop scooting and eating his ass all night. It keeps me awake and that makes me crabby.

    Work is busy busy. I'm exhausted every night. Two classes a day is a lot for an old pregnant lady. :) I prefer busy over bored though. That's why I get paid the big bucks. ha.

    Speaking of big bucks, it's like $300 for the electric breast pump I need. Wrong blog for those details but damn, it's bad enough to warrant being on both! I wish we'd win the lottery between now and February...

    Diane's hopefully picking up her new road bike this weekend. I'm looking forward to her having something to ride besides George, the 30 pound commuter. Not that I'll be able to keep up now but next year, look out. We'll both be speed demons!

    6 Comments:

    Blogger Angie said...

    Oddly enough, I had never even heard of anal sacs on dogs and cats until a few days ago, when someone on the radio was talking about their worst-ever job (squeezing anal sacs at a pet-grooming place). When the dog I had as a teenager used to scoot across the floor and chew her butt all the time, my mom would say she must have worms. Then I'd get to try and shove a little pill down her throat. It never seemed to help - now I know why.

    I'd never heard of a Golden Doodle, either, but that is one cute puppy!

    7:16 AM

     
    Blogger cyclefreaks said...

    That's funny, my mom would say the same thing. I didn't know about them until a few years ago, and I don't remember how I found out. Oh the wisdom we gain with age...

    :)

    12:18 PM

     
    Blogger Okjerm said...

    Is that a schnauzer? I had two as a kid and neither of them liked being picked up.

    1:48 PM

     
    Blogger Candice said...

    We have dogs and cats get their anal glands expressed everyday. Most groomers do it when you take your pet in. I told Cory several times that's what was wrong with Fletcher and why you had to get rid of the rug but he didn't believe me. If you get them expressed on a regular schedule he will be fine and you will be happier.

    The babies are cute!! Good for the boys.

    5:28 PM

     
    Blogger cyclefreaks said...

    He probably didn't believe you because the last time we went through this, we thought it was his anal glands but it wasn't. He actually had a little sore on his bunghole. :( Can't imagine that feels so great either. We don't get our dogs groomed so we will have to watch for this. Ripley has never had a problem with it.

    6:49 PM

     
    Blogger Candice said...

    You can just come visit every couple months and I'll take them to work and the doctor will do it for you. : ) No, ok, worth a try. You might check with your vet. We have people bring their pets in just to get the anal glands expressed and leave. It doesn't cost too much.

    Awh, the weird shit you learn from working at a vet's office.

    8:01 PM

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home