2
comments
|
Sunday, October 03, 2004
I have to admit, I wasn't sure we could actually hit the 70 mark today. But I knew we had to, this is the end of our long rides. Next week, we start to taper back down and only do 50.
Today was by far our best long ride to date. We changed things around a little and rode to Perkins and back with our friend Ilda and then we rode to her house to have a snack before heading out to do our normal route of I-35 and back.
The weather was quite nipply this morning!! When we headed out, it was in the low 50s - damn cold on a bike, let me tell you! I had on long sleeves under my jersey and socks with my cycling sandals. If you need a good layer of warmth for the winter, go buy some Under Armour. That shit rocks! I ended up shedding it before the end of the ride, because by the time we finished up, it was 82. The cooler weather in the morning really helps out though.
SO, here are the stats for today:
avg hr: 134
avg speed: 13.7
temp: ranging from 50 t0 82 with winds ranging from 5 to 16 mph
time: 5 hours and 30 minutes - (might I add here we did 7 more miles in less time than last week)
2 Comments:
You guys rock!
I sat in a hotel room all weekend and ate chocolate :P
That's why my pants are tight, and yours probably arent.
10:36 AM
Nah, my pants are tight too. I blame it on the dryer and buying cheap clothes! :)
12:40 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home