0
comments
|
Sunday, September 18, 2005
I didn't get around to checking to see how hot it got today, but at 8:00 a.m., it was sticky and already windy. I know the wind was starting around 13 mph and supposed to hit 17 mph in the afternoon so I'd say it was at least that if not closer to 20 mph.
Cory had a record bad day. His camelbak sprung a leak and got grape gatorade everywhere. NOthing like riding against the wind in the heat with a sticky ass crack! He bonked pretty early on. I kept trying to call someone to come and get him but he wouldn't let me. Anyway, it was a rough day. We did 53 miles, exactly what we were supposed to do today, but if we hadn't just sort of stuck ourselves with it, we would have cut it short.
Anyhoo, 53 miles, average hr 136, max 171, calories 1892. 53 miles with an average speed of under 15 mph. It wasn't as bad as it felt but it was still slow.
I think last year we had a really bad day one of the first times we surpassed the 50-mark. I'll have to look in the archives. I just remember coming home, completely depleted, thinking "how in the world can we go another 50?"
I guess it was bound to happen. We haven't had any really, really bad days yet. Maybe this will be our one and only. I just know I'm ready for it to cool off and feel like fall.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home