2
comments
|
Monday, November 27, 2006
Is it normal to leave a job, and then feel anger and resentment toward the place you left?
I'm seriously considering quitting teaching cycling. Going in there tends to make me angry. Why? I left. I got a better offer. It was my choice. I didn't get fired, laid off, asked to leave, ran out... why should I feel angry about someone being in my old position?
I have so many issues, they just continue to pile up and make me feel more crazy every freaking day.
The only thing keeping me teaching is the people in that class. They've practically been with me since the beginning. They are like our family. I mean, Diane, Josh, Rick, Diane... all of the people we do things with are people from that class. The thought of leaving it does not make me feel good. I don't know. I love teaching and I love them but... issues.
On a happier note, Thanksgiving break was good. Busy, but good. Thursday we went to Sapulpa and Morris, Friday, the Cheneys and Bloyds were here for lunch and shopping, then that night Cory spoke at the Circle Cinema after a showing of This Film Not Yet Rated (his name was on the marquee!!) and Tanner & Katie spent the night before heading off to Michigan (by the way, there is a motorcycle in our garage for sale if anyone is interested!). Saturday, I did NOTHING while Cory went and tailgated with Jay & Elizabeth. Sunday, we had Thanksgiving with the Durhams and Millers and no offense to any family members, but it was the best meal of the weekend. Awesome. After that, Francis and Jericho came by, we haven't seen them in years. Francis tends to fall off the face of the earth that way. Then at 7:00, I left that gang and met Diane L. at the movies to see Stranger than Fiction. Great flick.
And after all that social activity, this introvert was dying to sit in the dark and not talk. I needed it. Alone time cleanses my soul and when I don't get enough of it, holy crap... anxiety, anger, bitterness, crankiness... all the ABC's of bitchiness come out and it's just not worth it. I have to have ME time and that will never change, so thank the gods I have a husband who knows me and accepts this and just lets me be when I need it.
Anyway, I think that's part of why I'm edgy today. Too much "busy" this weekend and not enough nothing.
I hope everyone else had a great holiday. Here comes xmas.
2 Comments:
Um, wow. You said a lot there. Maybe you could teach a spinning class somehere else? Dallas? Lol. Yes, I am still trying.
7:16 PM
You really need to slow down. You should know better than anyone how damaging stress can be.
That was way too much activity for one weekend. I don't blame you for having to go hide away. Sounds just like me.
Keep your chin up!
8:02 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home