• (function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=f!=void 0?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(f==void 0)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=e>0?new b(e):new b;window.jstiming={Timer:b,load:p};if(a){var c=a.navigationStart;c>0&&e>=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; c>0&&e>=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&c>0&&(d.tick("_tbnd",void 0,window.chrome.csi().startE),d.tick("tbnd_","_tbnd",c))),a==null&&window.gtbExternal&&(a=window.gtbExternal.pageT()),a==null&&window.external&&(a=window.external.pageT,d&&c>0&&(d.tick("_tbnd",void 0,window.external.startE),d.tick("tbnd_","_tbnd",c))),a&&(window.jstiming.pt=a)}catch(g){}})();window.tickAboveFold=function(b){var a=0;if(b.offsetParent){do a+=b.offsetTop;while(b=b.offsetParent)}b=a;b<=750&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })(); <meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/7781806?origin\x3dhttp://cyclefreaks.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
    4 comments | Wednesday, October 18, 2006

    Hello peeps! It's been awhile, I know. But here I am now, so take me while you can get me!

    I don't know if its the respite from the hundred degree weather or what, but what a great couple of weekends we have had, and have in the works. I've got so much going on right now, I just feel downright giddy. :)

    Cory blogged about last weekend at his nerdfest. I went along on Friday night and discovered that I am indeed old and a lightweight. It's a good thing Andia didn't stick around longer or I would have been giving in to her "let's do shots!" mantra! I had 4 beers over several hours and still felt like crap when I got home. Too sick to go over and watch Battlestar. You know it's bad when I pass up on cylon action. Anyway, it was fun, despite the karaoke band and the smoke-filled room.

    I'm really looking forward to Oktoberfest. I love the fact that new friends from Stillwater and old friends from Tulsa are all going. It should be fun. I just hope we do indeed still have a housesitter for the evening. I haven't heard from her lately but I assume it's still on...

    Anyway, Saturday, Cory & I are planning to just kick back and enjoy Tulsa. Have a little fun before the return home.

    We bought Fletcher a new bed, and that boy is in heaven. I'll try to get a picture to share, it's awesome. I love those dogs more than I ever thought possible. Poop and Bean. What's not to love?

    Work is going really well. I'm going to OKC next week for a tobacco training and then Tulsa Friday for a teen pregnancy seminar... and in between, tons of appointments and classes. I love it. I have a new boss now, I report to Public Relations and she is buying me a brand new laptop. Awesome! I was nervous about the new boss thing at first but I think I will still have as much freedom as I did before, but it will be better because she actually has the ear of the CEO so things I want done are more likely to get done with her. So it's all good. I do miss all my friends at Total Health, though so many of them are quitting or have quit since I left that it probably wouldn't be the same anyway.

    I'm going to North Carolina November 3-6. My sister lost her job (again) and sold her house and is moving into an apartment. Actually she is in the process of moving as we speak. I'm looking forward to the trip though wish Cory was coming with me. We always have a great time in Raleigh this time of year, his favorite. It's so beautiful out there with the fall colors and all the trees. And the world's best biscuits from Biscuitville. :)

    I'm tentatively planning to start on my master's in January. I've already done all the work to apply, I just need to actually mail it off. I know I'll be accepted no problemo so I'm just trying to figure out what class to start with. I'm actually basing it on what night of the week will be the easiest to give up... I'm thinking Halo night!

    See you guys on Friday!

    4 Comments:

    Blogger NiNi said...

    Aw wow, your Master's?! That's kickass.

    I think in my older age, smokey rooms bother me way more than being a light weight... I have gotten SO intolerant of it. Which... doesn't bode well for my live performance career, eh? ;o/

    Have FUN at Oktoberfest!

    11:39 AM

     
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    nini - there's nothing wrong with pink lungs. Pink is the new black! I can't stand it any more either.

    ~Lothar

    p.s. - maybe you could book smoke-free facilities?

    2:57 PM

     
    Blogger NiNi said...

    Yeah, I'm really going to try and book smoke-free facilities. I think I owe it to my voice and my health. ;o)

    8:23 PM

     
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Master's... good for you!

    Nini, JFJO (Jacob Fred) insists that all the venues goes smoke free during their performances... it's very nice.

    Steph... jealous about your NC trip. I haven't been back to visit friends and family there since 1997! I am WAY overdue.

    Toshya

    7:35 PM

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home