4
comments
|
Tuesday, September 05, 2006
Sometimes, being productive and being lazy finds it perfect balance and when that happens, I am at peace with the world!
I had a superb weekend. Friday night, Cory & I had our favorite takeout, Kyoto chicken fried rice. Kevin arrived shortly after dinner and then fell asleep in our chair a couple times while pretending to watch Battlestar Galactica. :)
Saturday, I slept in, rolled out of bed around 10 and then headed to my mom's. She hasn't been feeling well lately and in fact has been in Tulsa seeing a neurologist. They ran a bunch of tests and believe she may have had a minor stroke at some point though I think they're off their rockers. She had shingles and has since complained of pain and burning in her face, neck and tongue. Anyway, test results come back next week so we'll see what they say. But I've never heard of associating pain from shingles with a stroke before. She feels ok most of the time. We went out for Chinese (yes, Asian two days in a row!) and then shopped for shoes and ran around town. Went back to her house and I baked chocolate chip cookies. Yes, from scratch! Woop woop! I ended up leaving home with 2 new pairs of shoes. That tends to happen when any Brown girls get together.
Sunday was a lazy blur. I spent most of the day on the couch until the gang arrived and we went out to eat. Uno was definitely the highlight of the day, thank you Andia for thinking about entertainment. :)
Monday, a friend from cycling class joined me on a bike ride to Tulsa. It was a really great ride, though it did end with some knee pain that I usually don't experience. I hope that's nothing permanent. Afterwards, we headed to Jay Pryor's to clean up and then went to chow down on Mexican food. Mmmm. Mexican. Jerm will never look at another jalapeno the same.
After that, it was back to Pryor's for the world's best nap. If you haven't slept in Jay Pryor's bed, you have really missed out. (Take that however you want bloop and run amuck with it!) It has inspired me to pay off our current furniture debt so Cory & I can hurry up and buy a new mattress set. Bigger. and softer.
Got another ride coming up this Saturday and then probably not anything for awhile. Cold weather is coming so that means rides will be ending. :( Just when I get a new bike! Dammit! I'm going to have to start exercising indoors like a normal person. Egads. Boring. Oh well, ya gotta do what ya gotta do. And I gotta do it.
On the kid front, Ripley is acting more psycho than ever and Fletcher has taken to sitting in his basket for hours on end. I keep nudging him out into the living room with the rest of the family. We know he's in there trying to hide the fact that he's chewing his feet. He thinks he's sneaky, but he's not.
My job is going really well. I am really enjoying the new position and even enjoying my office space. I finally got it organized and it looks really good. I still have the stolen laptop. I love having that, though I have cut down on leaving to go work at the coffee shop. I don't want to press my luck.
Anyway, that's my life update. Oh, I start shoulder therapy tomorrow. I'm on a steroid pack to reduce any swelling. I've been a medicine head for several days now, I'm ready to get off all this shit. Makes me sleepy!
4 Comments:
Oooh, I HATE steroids! But sometimes, they're the only things that work so quickly! I hope your shoulder feels better soon.
Hey... so you like sleeping in Jay's bed more than in my bed along with me and Kyle? Hee hee!
I wants-to have a girlie lunch soon. All this talk about Asian and Mexican is making me crave a lunch with you. :o) AND we need to get a Cheney-Burkart fest going SOOOOOOON. SOOON, dammit!
I'm SO happy you're enjoying the new job. :D
11:44 AM
Glad the new job is going well.
What happened with your shoulder? Hell, I'm still waiting to hear how the Hotter then Hell race went.
I think this is the longest blog you have ever done! : ) Ok, probably not, but the longest in forever.
Productive and lazy finding the perfect balance does make the perfect weekend.
Keep us posted on your mom. Please.
2:13 PM
I can't believe I didn't post about the ride. Wild. Well, I didn't make it. 88 miles. But hey, it was 106 degrees and it was the fastest 88 miles I've ever ridden.
:)
4:08 PM
Oh, I'll continue to look and eat jalapenos, I'll just have milk on standby. My ass always thanks me the next day.
9:54 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home