• (function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=f!=void 0?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(f==void 0)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=e>0?new b(e):new b;window.jstiming={Timer:b,load:p};if(a){var c=a.navigationStart;c>0&&e>=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; c>0&&e>=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&c>0&&(d.tick("_tbnd",void 0,window.chrome.csi().startE),d.tick("tbnd_","_tbnd",c))),a==null&&window.gtbExternal&&(a=window.gtbExternal.pageT()),a==null&&window.external&&(a=window.external.pageT,d&&c>0&&(d.tick("_tbnd",void 0,window.external.startE),d.tick("tbnd_","_tbnd",c))),a&&(window.jstiming.pt=a)}catch(g){}})();window.tickAboveFold=function(b){var a=0;if(b.offsetParent){do a+=b.offsetTop;while(b=b.offsetParent)}b=a;b<=750&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })(); <meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/7781806?origin\x3dhttp://cyclefreaks.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
    8 comments | Monday, July 31, 2006

    Well, today was interesting. Got up around 8, got dressed, went thru the Hastings Cafe drive-thru for a skinny white chocolate mocha and headed to work at my new space. I have to park in the parking garage, but all the way on top. I figure this will make Cory happy considering there's only like 4 other cars up there. No fear of door dings on the new car. But driving up the garage is the suck. Skinny freaking lanes. I hate 'em. It's hard to see. So I ran over a curb. But I don't think it did any damage.

    Anyway, there's a guy who works in what is going to be my space...his name is Brandon and he is an athletic trainer. He is disliked by many people, so I don't have a great opinion of him. Well, his space is to be my space which means...yep, you guessed it. He's being "let go" but will be their until August 11th. I walked in to find him packing up boxes. Not only did he not speak to me, he didn't look up or even act like anyone entered the cubby. Keep in mind, this is just one big cubicle and we are sharing it. So I'm not so far from him. Yeah. Tension. Oh, and there's the bit about the brand new laptop that he may or may not have to hand over to me. Yeah. Can you say uncomfortable?

    Anyhoo, I figure screw him since he's rumored to be a dick anyway. I set up my laptop from my old job (brought it with me but apparently, I'm not going to get to keep it, though my boss doesn't know why...) and start working. I can't access the internet or email. All day.

    The cool part though is basically, I answer to no one. And the scary thing is well...I answer to no one. That causes a bit of anxiety from time-to-time, I must admit. You know the old saying...be careful what you wish for. I really think it's going to be great but it will definitely take some getting used to. I basically am my own department.

    My first task is tobacco related, of course. The hospital is going 100% tobacco free in November, so I have been put in charge of the committee to make sure this happens as smoothly as possible. It's going to be a big job I think. I mean, the committee consists of the CEO, the director of HR, head of security, director of public relations...you get the idea. And I'm in charge. Did I mention something about anxiety? Anyway, that's big Priority Number 1.

    Priority Number 2 is applying for a couple of grants to use for a couple of different "healthy community" types of projects. I want to do some kind of essay contest or something to give away bicycles to families, then chart the progress in their health after using them. The second grant is for programs that empower women over 25 through fitness. There is already a program in place so I just have to write the grant proposal. Love it!! These are exactly the kinds of projectts I've always wanted to do. Health & Fitness, but not working in a gym, bored out of my mind, you know?

    So that's it in a nutshell. Stuff like that. Lots of presentations and committees, research and writing. Probably more than you really wanted to know but... :) You know me. Once I get going...

    I need to get to bed. Got a training ride at 7 am. Hotter 'n Hell is less than a month away and thus far, my longest ride is 47.5. Sigh. I have some serious focusing to do.

    ta ta for now...

    8 Comments:

    Blogger Candice said...

    Wow, good thing he won't be there long I guess. Do you have head phones?

    You are going to rock at this job, this is your time to shine baby! Even more then you already do at Stillwater Medical Center.

    12:33 PM

     
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I have no doubt she'll be running the whole place in another five years. If we were to stay here another five years, anyway.

    2:13 PM

     
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I do have headphones. Now if I only had a fucking ipod that worked. :(

    snef

    4:29 PM

     
    Blogger Candice said...

    Wait, both of your ipods suck?

    7:52 PM

     
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Steph-
    You rock!! They are going to so impressed with everything you do!

    Congrats girl!

    11:08 AM

     
    Blogger Okjerm said...

    Day one lasts forever doesn't it? Or does it just seem like it does around here?

    5:20 AM

     
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey, here you are :)

    Congrats on the promotion... sounds like a lot of responsibility, but in a good way! Boo tobacco!

    Toshya

    6:57 PM

     
    Blogger cyclefreaks said...

    Yep, here I be. And I haven't been able to find you, either. Send me your link again...

    8:07 PM

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home