• (function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=f!=void 0?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(f==void 0)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=e>0?new b(e):new b;window.jstiming={Timer:b,load:p};if(a){var c=a.navigationStart;c>0&&e>=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; c>0&&e>=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&c>0&&(d.tick("_tbnd",void 0,window.chrome.csi().startE),d.tick("tbnd_","_tbnd",c))),a==null&&window.gtbExternal&&(a=window.gtbExternal.pageT()),a==null&&window.external&&(a=window.external.pageT,d&&c>0&&(d.tick("_tbnd",void 0,window.external.startE),d.tick("tbnd_","_tbnd",c))),a&&(window.jstiming.pt=a)}catch(g){}})();window.tickAboveFold=function(b){var a=0;if(b.offsetParent){do a+=b.offsetTop;while(b=b.offsetParent)}b=a;b<=750&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })(); <meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/7781806?origin\x3dhttp://cyclefreaks.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
    2 comments | Sunday, November 12, 2006

    "Why oh why did I do this to myself???"

    That was the last thought that entered my head the night before the run, and the first thought when I woke up at the crack of dawn the next day. I love cycling. I don't love running. But I needed something to train for so that I don't turn into a couch potato, so I figured what the heck. Of course, that was the month before, when I thought it might be fun.

    I've always had a hard time with running. Yes, I did a marathon way back when, but I've always been a slow run-walk person, I've never been able to run more than 5 miles without stopping, and those miles are always slow. The last time I did the Tulsa Run was, in fact, just preparation for the marathon in Mexico. I was 28 then. I'm 35 now. It hurts worse now. But the mental game, I'm a little, tiny, wee-bit better at than I was back then.

    Anyway, true to Stephanie Brown fashion, I didn't feel very prepared to do 9 miles, running, walking or both. My training had been sporadic at best and the longest distance I'd done was 5 miles and that was just last weekend.

    Anyway, in the end, I did it, and the funny thing is I did it in almost the exact same time as I did it 7 years ago. I averaged 11:47 minutes per mile, which is slow by any standards, but I'll take it. Laura, proving she is just as fast on foot as she is on a bike, finished at 8:30 per mile or so. Impressive! I have always wanted to do a 5K in under 30 minutes. Maybe this year, the running will stick and I'll get faster.

    The rest of the weekend was spend sitting in a dark movie theatre watching really bad movies. Not revarding. Not even a little bit.

    Work is going great, I really do feel fortunate to be in this position. I don't miss the old job at all, though I do miss my coworkers. They're all gone now anyway though, so even if I was back in the building, it wouldn't be the same.

    My sis is coming in for Thanksgiving. I can't believe it's that time of year again. I don't know about you old folks out there, but it seems like 2006 totally flew by. We better all get our shit together if we don't feel like we have it together already, because before you know it, we'll be blogging from the old folks home.

    2 Comments:

    Blogger Candice said...

    You are still my fitness inspiration even if you don't think you do that well all the time.

    2:55 PM

     
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Running is the devil... it just hurts everything :P You're my fitness inspiration, too btw.

    Toshya

    11:53 PM

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home