• (function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=f!=void 0?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(f==void 0)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=e>0?new b(e):new b;window.jstiming={Timer:b,load:p};if(a){var c=a.navigationStart;c>0&&e>=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; c>0&&e>=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&c>0&&(d.tick("_tbnd",void 0,window.chrome.csi().startE),d.tick("tbnd_","_tbnd",c))),a==null&&window.gtbExternal&&(a=window.gtbExternal.pageT()),a==null&&window.external&&(a=window.external.pageT,d&&c>0&&(d.tick("_tbnd",void 0,window.external.startE),d.tick("tbnd_","_tbnd",c))),a&&(window.jstiming.pt=a)}catch(g){}})();window.tickAboveFold=function(b){var a=0;if(b.offsetParent){do a+=b.offsetTop;while(b=b.offsetParent)}b=a;b<=750&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })(); <meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/7781806?origin\x3dhttp://cyclefreaks.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
    3 comments | Saturday, May 12, 2007

    I figure a month between posts is about par for the course so, here I am.

    Let's see... what is happening in our world? Well, rain. Lots of rain.

    *chirp, chirp*

    I remember now why I haven't been posting. I haven't got diddly to talk about. I'm gonna have to dig deep!

    As Cory mentioned, my Mom is retiring this year. It was very emotional to hear and see all the teachers she has worked with over the years talk about her in such a respectful manner. I don't know about you, but I never really think about my Mom as a "professional" just as Mom. She's been teaching for 44 years, 39 of them in the same school. She was very excited that all of her kids and grandkids were gathered in the same place with her sisters and coworkers and friends to say farewell. And yes, she got a gold watch. :) I'm proud of my mom. I didn't think I would cry, but the principal mentioned how strong Mom was to have basically raised 3 kids on her own and that started the waterworks. It was cool yet embarrassing because Cory got to see all of my grade school pictures in the yearbooks that were out, first grade to eighth. I was really cute when I was tiny, but sixth grade and up, man. I was just a chub with bad hair!

    Work has been going really well, I really love my job now. I am coordinating events for National Bike Month, chairing three committees, editor of another and secretary of yet another. And I've been teaching a female fitness/self-esteem class at Lincoln Alternative School, and that has been very rewarding. I never thought I would do anything with high school kids, but it was been a blast. I will start teaching the same class at the regular high school in the fall. Yes, at the schools, I am a glorified PE teacher! UGH! But it's ok, we don't do stupid crap in like PE, we actually just exercise and lift weights and stuff. No boys allowed. :) I've honestly thought about doing it full-time at some point in the future so that I can take 3 months off every summer. Imagine the bike training I could do! :)

    I can't wait to see Pirates 3. One of my bike events is pirate-themed (we are building a ship out of cardboard like this:


    We're going to dress up and everything and have pirate-themed games for which the kids get bike-related gizmos. I bought blinking bike reflectors with our logo from my sister to give away and the bike shop is doing safety checks, the bank is giving away bikes and the health department is giving away helmets. I hope everything turns out ok, and hope to the gods that it doesn't rain.

    I got my hair highlighted like crazy, first time I've played with it in awhile. It looks like this:

    I think it looks even more blond in real life than that. It really shocked me when she dried it. I like it though, and I was ready for a change. I'm trying soooo hard not to chop it all off. I want a pony tail again. :)

    Despite the weather, we somehow managed to squeeze in some yard work this year. The grass actually looks like grass, all the little baby seeds didn't wash away and we have an almost full yard. I planted a bunch of flowers in our shade/partial sun flower bed. I love the color of flowers, I hope they survive. It has looked like a rice paddy many a morning so I hope they make it. Daisies, zinnias, impatiens. And a couple that I can't remember the name. The zinnias I worry about because they only get sun part of the time, but we'll see. If they die, I'll just go get something else. :)

    No big vacations are planned this summer. We've got to save for Key West but I think we might do a weekend away or something just to get away. And of course, I'll have bike rides planned in Texas somewhere so that'll be good too. I wanted to do a girls' weekend with my friends in the mountains but I don't know if anyone can afford to do it. So we'll see.

    Anyway, that's the scoop. Not much really, just day-to-day ramblings. Maybe the next time I post, I'll have news. Like maybe Cory went and bought me an orange Element!! Hey, a girl can dream, can't she? No diamonds for me, just a vehicle with air conditioning and a bike rack. :)

    3 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Love your hair. Looks so cute. I can't wait until Jeremy and I have a house and a yard.
    I am so happy for you that your job is going so well. Very few people actually are lucky enough to do something they love and get paid for it.

    3:47 PM

     
    Blogger Candice said...

    I love your hair! And you would look awesome driving your orange element with the bikes on top, get on it Cory! Lol.

    I think seeing something like that about your mom had to be really cool. I would love to see a room full of people just sitting around gushing about my mom.

    Hooray for finding jobs we love! I'm so happy for you.

    5:14 PM

     
    Blogger Carrie said...

    I love your hair! Funny, I have been kicking around the idea of cutting off my hair because I only wear it in a pony tail now. LOL

    How long are you guys going to stay in Key West? I'm going to go solo and thought about flying in on Thursday and flying back out on Saturday. I found some pretty nice (and cheap) b&b on duval not too far from the bride and groom will be staying. That is the only vacation I am planning for now until we know for sure about our jobs.

    I'm so happy that you have a career that you love. Can I take that class with your high schoolers?

    8:14 AM

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home