• (function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=f!=void 0?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(f==void 0)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=e>0?new b(e):new b;window.jstiming={Timer:b,load:p};if(a){var c=a.navigationStart;c>0&&e>=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; c>0&&e>=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&c>0&&(d.tick("_tbnd",void 0,window.chrome.csi().startE),d.tick("tbnd_","_tbnd",c))),a==null&&window.gtbExternal&&(a=window.gtbExternal.pageT()),a==null&&window.external&&(a=window.external.pageT,d&&c>0&&(d.tick("_tbnd",void 0,window.external.startE),d.tick("tbnd_","_tbnd",c))),a&&(window.jstiming.pt=a)}catch(g){}})();window.tickAboveFold=function(b){var a=0;if(b.offsetParent){do a+=b.offsetTop;while(b=b.offsetParent)}b=a;b<=750&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })(); <meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/7781806?origin\x3dhttp://cyclefreaks.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
    4 comments | Monday, November 19, 2007

    I haven't posted here in almost a month! My how time flies...

    I've been reluctant to post anything about my future cycling adventures for fear of jinxing myself, but I think it will help me stay on track if I go ahead and set some goals so... here's hoping things go as planned.

    As soon as I can after the birth, I'm going to start training for the 2008 Hilly Hundred in Indiana. Since Brian and Laura live in Indiana, they have said they would like to do it so I think it's a good plan. I have no doubt that Grandma will be happy to keep Baby Girl Cheney while we take a weekend trip. :) Of course, everything depends on how much I'll actually be able to train once she has arrived... I had hoped to buy an indoor trainer by now so I could ride inside during the winter, but with the sis in the spare bedroom and the office turning into a baby room, there really is no place to keep it. So I'll just wait a couple months and hopefully get one to help me get rid of baby weight.

    Work has been keeping me pretty busy. I am trying to stay as busy as possible so that A) I don't fall asleep and B) I remain "in the limelight" a little bit for the hospital. The more visible I am, the less I worry about losing my job and/or my budget while they are "trimming waste." I did 4 presentations last week at different schools and will announce the winners of my grant program this week. And I have an article coming out in Stillwater Living in December. Yeah, busy.

    The good news is my exercise classes will end in December, so when I get really huge I can take it easy. I'm in the middle of my 6th month already so the ol' lack of energy is said to come back in a couple of weeks. That sounds like a lot of fun. Today was no fun at all, I was dizzy and had a headache most of the day.

    Did anyone see Beowulf this weekend? Does anyone go to the movies besides us??

    4 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Jerm and I saw Beowulf this weekend. They took some license with it, but I enjoyed watching a 3-D movie in a theatre. It was kind of fun.

    7:56 PM

     
    Blogger Carrie said...

    I'm sure you will be up and ready for your next challenge.

    And no, no movies. ;(

    5:43 AM

     
    Blogger Okjerm said...

    Beowulf without the 3D would have been a waste of time. Pure gimmick movie.

    Andia and I are going to check out No Country for Old Men this weekend. Coens FTW!

    1:11 PM

     
    Blogger cyclefreaks said...

    If it's in 3D, it's a gimmick movie. 3D is a very gimmmick-y thing to do.

    4:37 PM

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home