4
comments
|
Tuesday, December 12, 2006
I’m having trouble actually doing any work this week, so I thought I would take a few minutes to blog. Yes folks, I am at work, and I am blogging. (though I have to admit, I’m typing this up in word and will post when I’m done... what can I say, I got burned pretty bad!)
Anyway, how is everyone’s holiday looking so far? We had Christmas with my mom and sister this past weekend. They were in for my grandmother’s funeral so we made the best of it. They actually came to Stillwater Saturday and spent the night. It was fun, but my mom is a HORRIBLE gift giver. She either puts no thought into it whatsoever, or her mind is already leaving her for the great beyond. She’s always been pretty bad, but sheesh. You should have seen the watch she bought Cory. Hilarious. It was so bad, we actually all laughed and probably hurt her feelings, but it was hideous beyond acting like it was cool. So she took it back and will hopefully just send money or something.
Take this as sage advice kids. When you get old, give your kids money, because you’ll have no idea what is cool or what is not, and if they don’t give you a list of specifics, everyone loves money! At any rate, it was a lot of fun to hang out with them both. I really miss getting to do stuff like that with my family. Christmas with the nephews will be a blast though. Matthew knows there is no Santa. Apparently, there was an gift-finding incident and he was going to tell his two younger brothers everything they got for Christmas. So my brother and Kathie had a little talk with Matthew and told him the truth. He cried. :( Isn’t that the saddest thing ever? It’s like the start of the loss of innocence. Imagine all the things that you learn aren’t really true as you get older. No wonder we’re all so bitter, our parents start lying to us from the moment we are born.
I’m still not done xmas shopping. :\ I find it mighty ironical that Cory & I still love and celebrate Christmas. I think we need to start calling it our end of year celebration.
Anyway, hope you all are doing lovely. Merry Christmas if I don’t come back before then. :)
4 Comments:
My family pretty much get the same thing every year. No surprises here. Mom and sis-gift certificates to the spa. Bro-gift certificate to Lowes or Sears. Nephews-savings bonds. I won't buy them toys. Maybe when they get older. And that is it. I don't like receiving so I normally tell everyone to leave me out. It isn't that I am a scrooge, I just don't like when people get broke from shopping.
1:30 PM
Poor Matthew. That is so cute and sad.
You should have taken a picture of the watch so we could see. I can't believe you laughed!
2:54 PM
If I can find a picture of it online, I will post it. It was such a "10-year-old boy with vision problems" kind of watch. We tried really hard not to laugh at first, but once we slipped, there was no stoppin' us.
I wish I got gift certificates to the spa!!
5:30 PM
the watch.... mirrored with pink and green dayglo hands and a black light in the top. If you held it just right you could see the glowing hands repeating into INFINITY and BEYOND!
Also, it was about 3/4 of an inch thick.
8:56 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home